Awesome things I learned tonight:
- Tevinters use elephant mounts that they’ve imported from their colonies in the Northwestern jungles.
- That whole “drinking darkspawn blood to gain their power” thing? The idea’s said to have come from a bunch of elves living in the forests north of the Anderfels—because, hey, they did the same thing to their enemies.
- Somebody alert spicyshimmy: Every three years, the Free Marches hold a massive Olympics-style Grand Tourney, in which gladiators fight for fame and glory (and money).
- Par Vollen is basically Guatemala—complete with ancient, weathered pyramids rising out of the rainforests.
- If you’re a regular joe, you aren’t allowed to walk around Nevarra armed and armored like you can in Ferelden.
- Status among Rivani is marked by tattoos. Note that Isabela has none.
- There is a place in southwestern Thedas named “Arl Dumat”. It is directly south of the “Urthemiel Plateau”, and east of “The Sea of Ash”.
Awesome things I did not learn tonight:
- How fucking old Fenris is.
All I got so far is that city elves live approximately as long as humans do, and that Fenris, as a lifelong slave (recall that he remembers playing with Varania “in his master’s courtyard while his mother worked”) will probably fit that bill too.
I WILL NOT BE DETERRED
Emeric approves (+40)